www.photo-lucidity.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedophiles are around every corner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photo-lucidity.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battou
The Under Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Pedophiles are around every corner Reply with quote

What a crock of shit

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23899983-2,00.html

Granted this does not directly effect me at the moment but....it's the world we friggen live in these days.

And to think I was reasently hired to shoot some Lacross games, I also regularly make plans to shoot my Neices soccer games And I have been thinking about some highschool scoccer.

Any one dare come up to me and tell me I can't shoot there is getting a 80-200 to the head, I'm getting tired of this.

People just do not seem to understand that once they walk out the door into the public that they are willingly giving up their privacy. Don't get me wrong, I do know that pedoperves are out there but seriously, they are not around every friggen corner.
sleepingdragon
Forum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe what is becoming of this world. In the school system where I live parents have to sign a form allowing the school to photograph their children. Its becoming easier to shoot a gun now a days than it is to shoot a camera. Before you know it you will need a licence to shoot your camera. Rolling Eyes
Battou
The Under Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleepingdragon wrote:
I can't believe what is becoming of this world. In the school system where I live parents have to sign a form allowing the school to photograph their children. Its becoming easier to shoot a gun now a days than it is to shoot a camera. Before you know it you will need a licence to shoot your camera. Rolling Eyes

True it is, it's one of those things where the needs of the many out weight the needs of the few, however the actions of the few are destroying the ability of the many. One person is snapping shots like this and all of a sudden they all are.

I can see it now, the application process applying for your concieled camera permit Crying or Very sad
sleepingdragon
Forum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battou wrote:
sleepingdragon wrote:

True it is, it's one of those things where the needs of the many out weight the needs of the few, however the actions of the few are destroying the ability of the many. One person is snapping shots like this and all of a sudden they all are.

I can see it now, the application process applying for your concieled camera permit Crying or Very sad

Check this out http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/17/uk-man-hassled-by-co.html

Stop the madness!
sagephotoworld
Forum Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get so tired of these people. I've been asked if I've got a licence to take photos. This kind of junk has been going on for years. I believe the first time I was asked that was in the late 1980s.

We have certain members of every society that want to be officious and who feel they've done a good day's work if they've stopped somebody doing something.
Battou
The Under Boss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sagephotoworld wrote:
I get so tired of these people. I've been asked if I've got a licence to take photos. This kind of junk has been going on for years. I believe the first time I was asked that was in the late 1980s.

We have certain members of every society that want to be officious and who feel they've done a good day's work if they've stopped somebody doing something.

Yeah, that is all too true, and a severe pain in the back side. What it boils down to is people think they know it all when they know nothing but what the press has filled their heads with. I mean if the local news sais everyone else is in the wrong than it must be so.

The press has us by the balls with thier little minoins of suppression.

I'm half tempted to try putting the press to work for us, perhaps getting it pointed out that photographers are being put threw unnecessary duress because people think that anyone with a camera around a child is a perve.
sagephotoworld
Forum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point was more toward - there are people out there that enjoy being nasty to others that will wield invisible rule books, knowing full well that by the time they're proven wrong that they've already spoilt somebody's fun. Political correctness is just one form of this. Hence, of course, there are now pressure groups against political correctness.

We have, unfortunately, to tolerate these people until we as a society can apply a definitive answer to them. Sadly this means that generally they drag the country down to the lowest common denominator. Hence countries like Britain tend to be governed by the minority because people are afraid to stand up against the tyrants of Political Correctness.
Battou
The Under Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I do know what you are referring to, I got carried away on minnions of suppression Embarassed. I've heard on quite a few occations of not only people but lawenforcement officers "Making it up as they go along". Pain in the ass, the only defence is to know the laws as they apply to you.

Sucks but it's the world we live in.
cstdenis
The Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live in a fucked up paranoid world.
sagephotoworld
Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cstdenis wrote:
We live in a fucked up paranoid world.

Shh... You know they are watching your every move!
sleepingdragon
Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are... Shocked
Battou
The Under Boss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1035315/Father-branded-pervert--photographing-children-public-park.html
sleepingdragon
Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a woman photographer face same problems as a man? It seems all instances involve men.
Battou
The Under Boss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleepingdragon wrote:
Would a woman photographer face same problems as a man? It seems all instances involve men.

NO, not likely. I often face this very issue with my occupation. I am one of very few male child care providers. I hear the lines all the time: "Men are more sexually driven than women", "If you where a man I'd be worried", "Men don't look at children the same way" and the like.

It's a stereotype about males being sexually preoccupied or some bull**** like that, apparently we men only think of sex and have to pervert everything we look at into something sexual. On top of that it seems the percentage on men who get caught in activity of that nature out weigh women considerably, enough to the point where many people fail to realize any women get cought molesting children at all.

So yeah I fully believe there is some gender bias to these events.
sleepingdragon
Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm glad that I am a woman with a camera so I don't have to face these situations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photo-lucidity.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: